More Linux/Wine game fixes

Sudden Strike 3, GOG version 1.4


setup_sudden_strike_3_1.4_(13593).exe
Tested on: Ubuntu 18.4, Wine 3
Result: WORKS FINE, after (natively) using the DLLs GoG provided [I use q4wine to easily override the built-ins]
These 7 dlls are:
d3dx9_28.dll, d3dx9_31.dll, d3dx9_32.dll, OpenAL32.dll. mfc71u.dll, msvcp71.dll, msvcr71.dll
Without these last 3 substitutions the game won't go past the loading screen. (installs fine though, regardless)
Note that their WineTricks versions (in vcrun2003) didn't work! (I don't know why)

- My prefix already uses dotNet4.0 & directx_feb2010, vcrun6
- My laptop isn't built for gaming, so I'm assuming that the slowing down that happens with big battles and high resolutions isn't the game's fault.

The game isn't very popular and the community is very small in English speaking countries, so I was ready to give up after the frozen loading screen, especially with the result of the *only* test on WineHQ saying "Garbage. Doesn't Work"! I'm happy I didn't.

=====


The 1st Harry Potter game:
The rendering is very choppy when using DirectX, so delete D3DDrv.dll and let the software renderer (SoftDrv.dll) do the job.

تعليقات

المشاركات الشائعة من هذه المدونة

100 Arabic words in Frank Herbert's Dune

Darth Vader's Jewish Origin - The Golem of Star Wars

Mobile Movies